My guest for this show is Brant Elliot. Brant is the CTO and Co-Founder of Stealz, a mobile app that rewards customers for being brand ambassadors for businesses they frequent. He has over 20 years’ experience building technology and tinkering with electronics. His early days in the tech space were spent hacking/exploring systems during the technology rush of the early 2000s.
Normally on this show we talk with CEOs, but I thought it would be good to have a conversation with a founding CTO about the view of things from the technical side of the fence. Brant and I covered a multitude of topics in this episode, including:
- Why he left corporate America to join a startup
- What makes a good early-stage developers, and how to hire them
- How they built their MVP using a contract shop and then moved it in-house
- How they started with a very high-touch, services-based approach to the problem and then built the product
- The importance of the tech team being involved in sales and support in the early going
- The importance of non-developer CEOs and founders understanding the product development process
- and much more (of course)
Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, a notebook and listen in on my conversation with Brant Elliot of Stealz.
Links to Brant: