My guest for this show is Jake Loosararian, CEO and co-founder of Gecko Robotics. Gecko Robotics make robots that do unassisted inspections of power plant boilers. These robots have sensors that measure things like temperature, wall thickness and other system failure indicators, as well as a mounted camera that records the entire trip around the boiler. Their technology saves lives and cuts the cost and time of inspection dramatically. Jake and Gecko are graduates of Y-Combinator (Winter 2016).
In this episode, Jake talks about his personal back story, including living abroad in England and being home schooled, and then we dig into Gecko in detail:
- How he came up with the idea for Gecko while still in college
- How he knew on his first day at a “real job” out of college that he would never last
- How he dealt with having to part company with his first co-founder
- The importance of having a great founding team, and what makes a great founding team
- What it’s like to be in a room with people who are affected directly by robots doing the work of humans
- The future of robotics and where Jake thinks the industry should be focusing, as well as his take on robots replacing the human workforce
- and a whole lot more
You don’t want to miss any of this interview. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and a notebook and listen in on my conversation with Jake Loosararian of Gecko Robotics.